Making pop corn can be tricky business. How do you get all the kernels to pop? And how do you get them to an even brown? Preventing the bottom layer from burning.
Well, here’s a little trick I learned from SimplyRecipes.com
Not only does this method pop every single kernel, it also prevents the bottom layer of popcorn from burning faster than the top layer.
Check it out below:
- Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot.
- Place on medium high heat.
- Put 2 to 4 kernels and wait until they pop.
- Pour 1/3 a cup of pop corn and cover the pot.
- REMOVE FROM HEAT and count to 30 seconds (this is crucial)
- Put the pot back on the stove and you’ll see them all pop at once
- Gently shake the pot to allow steam to escape so that they’ll remain crunchy
- Remove from the stove immediately after popping to prevent burnt kernels
- Pour into a large bowl and season with salt